Premier League Rowing -
The mission of Premier League Rowing is a league dedicated to find the fastest rowers in the world.
Determine the fastest rowers in the world.
Promote and develop rowers to be competitive in a fair and inclusive environment.
Determine the fastest rowers in the world [yes, this rule is in here twice].
1.00 - Objectives of Premier League Rowing
1.01 - Premier League Rowing is a game between two teams, made up of athletes, under the direction of a manager.
1.02 - The objective of each team is to win races that earn points for the standings.
1.03 - An on the water race is won when the bow-most rowing athlete breaks the plane of the finish line.
1.04 - An on the erg race is won when either the pre-determined time or distance is completed first.
2.00 - Roster and Eligibility
2.01 - Each team is made up of a Active roster published on the league website.
2.02 - Active Roster should consist of:
- 8 youth women
- 8 youth men
- 8 open men (19+)
- 8 open women (19+)
- 4 masters men (40+, must be 40 before the end of 2020.)
- 4 masters women (40+, must be 40 before the end of 2020.)
2.03 - Roster Spares and Additions to Roster
- Athletes may be added to and removed from the roster until completion of Week 7.
- Roster Spares are limited to 6 Spares
2.04 - Injured Reserve / Sick
- 4 Injured reserve spots- only to be used for Covid19 or serious temporary issues
2.05 - Location of Athletes
- Players are only eligible to compete for the franchise that their permanent residence resides in unless their CURRENT club or gym is in another state outside of that franchises designated area.
- College kids will row where they live. If they are on campus they will row for the region of that campus.
- If they are back home doing virtual learning they will row for the region of their home.
- NOTE: Due to the unknowns of Covid 19, if a college student starts on campus, and is sent home, they may continue to compete with the team they started the season with.
2.06 - Roster transfers
- Athletes may not switch teams without approval of League Commissioner and approval of 7 league coaches.
FALL 2020 - On the Erg Racing
3.00 - Weekly Preliminaries
3.01 - Weekly Game Announcement - Every Sunday at 5pm EST, the race of the week will be announced. See Announcement Here
3.02 - Racing Order - As part of the weekly announcement, the order in which the races will happen is announced.
3.03 - Roster Announcement - Coaches have until Monday at Noon EST to submit their race lineup to the league. Once the head coach has submit the roster, it cannot be changed for that week.
3.04 - All athletes on roster must be used. Athletes should race at least once every three weeks.
3.05 - The league will publish roster and matchups Monday at 5pm EST.
3.06 - Weekly Injuries - Coaches can make substitution to roster after Monday if athlete is injured, however that athlete will be required to sit out following week as well.
4.00 - Playing the game
4.01 - Equipment - All brands of rowing machines can be used in the league, as long as they show distance and time.
4.02 - Sliders - SLIDERS ARE NOT ALLOWED in competition
4.03 - To play the game, Athletes must be listed on the Monday roster announcement.
- If athlete completes the race but is not on roster, it will not be counted.
- If listed athlete does not complete piece, it is considered a forfeited race.
4.04 - Live Stream Racing - If athlete is part of the weekly live games, they will work with RowersChoice and RegattaCentral to connect their phone, computer or iPad [or similar device] to be able to live stream the race.
- For live stream racing, if you are able to connect with Bluetooth to share meters and distance, Camera should be positioned in either position:
- For live stream racing, if you are NOT able to connect with Bluetooth to share meters and distance, Camera should be positioned:
4.05 - Non Live Stream Racing - Athletes must use phone, phone, computer or iPad [or similar device] to record race piece[s]. Athlete should position recording device as such:
4.06 - Multi Piece Races - Multi Piece races must be completed in succession, following predetermined distance and rest. Failure to complete races following rules, will be considered a forfeit.
5.00 - Completion of race -
5.01 - ALL WEEKLY RACES ARE DUE EACH THURSDAY BY 11:59PM - PST
5.02 - At the completion of each race, athlete should used camera to show final distance and time.
5.03 - Following completion of non-live/recorded races, Coaches [not the athletes] should email video or link of video to as part of verification process. Sharing google drive link seems to be best option.
6.00 - Scoring and Standings -
6.01 - Scoring of races occurs by winning pieces.
6.02 - Race point values will be shared during Sunday race announcement
6.03 - Standings will be updated each Friday by 5:00pm PST.